A-Cubed Marketing Services serve up profits in the food and beverage industry.
Joe Hines has over thirty years of experience in food industry marketing. Over the years, he’s been at the helm of some major brands, working for some of the nation’s largest food manufacturers (Hunt-Wesson/ ConAgra) and consulting for recognized and loved brands such as Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, and Cholula Hot Sauce. At the helm of A-Cubed Marketing Services, he enjoys a steady, contributing role in Southern California’s food industry marketing field, working with regional and local food manufacturers. Over the years, we have served the following clients:
- Burnett & Son Meat Company
- Cafe D’Amore – water soluble hot chocolate mixes
- Caffe Apassionato – Gourmet roasted coffee
- Cajun Pizza Restaurant – Italian/ Cajun fusion restaurant in Austin, TX
- Canine Caviar – Gourmet, alkaline-based brand of dog food
- CannaVinus wine – Regional brand (where cannabis is legal) of Cannabis infused Moscato wine
- Cholula Hot Sauce – Leading brand of specialty hot sauce
- Demitri’s cocktail mixes – Specialty bar mixes
- Eureka Pizza – Yorba Linda-based Italian concept restaurant with an Alaskan/ Yukon theme
- Ghirardelli Chocolate – Gourmet chocolate confections and coffee beverage flavorings
- Jaritos – Mexican brand of soda beverages
- Juan J’s – refrigerated desserts and snacks
- La Reina Mexican Foods – Tortillas and frozen entrees
- MCI/ Los Cabos Mexican Foods – School foodservice focused manufacturer of frozen burritos and other Mexican entrees
- Naturas Foods – water soluble brand of Hispanic specialty beverages (Horchata, Aguas Frescas, Tamarindo, Mexican hot chocolate)
- Ruiz Foods – Frozen Mexican entrees
- Santa Fe Importers – Three unit fast casual Italian restaurant chain
- Tasty Lee Tomatoes – Unique varietal of fresh tomatoes
- Upper Crust Enterprises – Authentic panko bread crumbs
Our company’s services in the food industry include:
- Branding – Brand positioning strategies and tactical execution
- Blogging – Published on client websites, repurposed for monthly newsletters and social media posts
- Business development – wine and spirits industry, school foodservice, vending, retail grocery
- Graphic design – Website graphic user interface, sales collateral, package design, point of purchase display, menu boards, email campaigns, direct mailers
- Marketing Research – Secondary research (statistical analysis of IRI and Spin data, internet-based, syndicated reports); primary research (focus groups, depth interviews, in-store consumer observation)
- Photography – Food photography
- Social media marketing – Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn campaigns
- Strategic consulting – Strategic plan development used in development of new sales channels
- Videography – Promotional videos
Please take a few moments to review the examples on this page. You can also link directly to each client’s website to learn even more about our work in this field.
Promotional video written, produced and edited by A-Cubed Marketing Services for Canine Caviar. Click on the image to open light box and view the video.
Promotional video for Santa Fe Importers. Ran as paid advertisement on Google ad network, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook. Click on the image to open light box and view the video.
Cajun Pizza Place is a Cajun/ Italian fusion restaurant in Austin, TX. We were responsible for site development, copy writing and food photography on this site. The owners were thrilled with the way we captured the festive feel and exotic flair of their restaurant and menu in our execution.
Juan J’s is a family – owned and operated dessert manufacturer in Paramount, CA. Over the last thirty years, they have turned their start-up Hispanic dessert business into a thriving regional retail brand. However, their former site was decidedly ‘stuck’ in the 1980’s. We partnered with them to establish a clear brand strategy, and then developed a website that provided a wealth of important information to the entire industry – including wholesalers, retailers and consumers as well.
MCI (dba Los Cabos Mexican Foods), has been cooking up nutrition and flavor for the institutional foodservice industry for decades. A-Cubed Marketing Services partnered with software development company, Yeti Media on this project. Together, we provided a robust customer solution that met the information needs of their customers and the needs of the client’s sales force. The result is a very attractive, easy to navigate, and data rich website that will grow as the client’s needs to continue to expand.
Brand Logo Design and Color Explorations
Color exploration series for a brand logo created for Burnett Fine Foods; part of a larger package design project.
Package design explorations for Burnett Fine Foods; part of the same project as above.
Promotional product photography shot for a regional beef jerky manufacturer, KMB Foods.
From a series of product photos taken for the Juan J’s website. These photos were important in positioning the products in the premium end of the refrigerated snack/ dessert category as well as helping to establish our client as ready for expansion and growth among large retail grocery customers such as Kroeger, Publix and HEB.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Los Cabos Mexican Food: Blogs for School Foodservice Directors
Our social media strategy for Los Cabos Mexican Food targeted school food service directors. These customers are professional business people with large budgets and many of them play important roles in their local and state associations. Our posts shared important that had relevancy to this base. The message throughout was that Los Cabos was a strong supporter of the events and issues that were important to their customers.
Eureka Pizza Co.: Your Neighborhood, Gourmet, Pizzeria
Eureka Pizza Co occupies a unique position in a local market dominated by Pizza Hut and Little Caesar’s, and where consumers perceive pizza as another variety of fast food. Our campaign was effective in changing assumptions many people had about this restaurant and the food that was offered there. By focusing on the culinary side of the business – the fine ingredients and the care that is taken in preparing each meal – we were able to effectively communicate the Eureka Pizza Co.’s brand positioning. With clearer branding, consumers were persuaded to adopt the restaurant as their ‘local favorite’.